Sunday, September 8, 2013

Calling

In the dark hours of early morning/middle of the night yesterday, Cassie left for her trip to the Honduras.  She was called to go on this trip back in June.  We have heard through text, email, and Facebook that she changed planes during her layover without issue, arrived safely, ate a yummy dinner, and attended church this morning.  I am so proud as her older sister to see her do this.  Cassie is usually quite a nervous Nelly when traveling.  We know that God has called her, since the money and little details all worked out so well. I had wanted to go on a missions trip to Venezuela when I graduated high school, but it wasn't a calling.  That was clear when things didn't fall into place despite my efforts. 

This year, I was called to return to the classroom after eight years of a teacher training position.  Truly, it is a calling.  I spend hours outside of school hours planning and grading so that I can focus on students during school hours.  After four busy days on my feet and working "overtime", I can say that I have not once regretted the decision to return.  I know this is where I am to be this school year  God may lead me other places after this school year; we shall see what He does. 

Speaking of calling...I'm a bit lost without my sister.  We phone each other while driving and cooking.  It's so quiet without my phone friend.  I'm going to borrow a phrase: this is a "first world problem".  For the next few days, I'm going to have to find someone who wants to know that we lost a shoe or had to clean up pee before we left the house. 

Thanks for keeping up with us!  I can't wait to hear what Cassie learns, and see how this changes her.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment